Header Ads

Breaking News

Story: Sister Mary ( Episode 19 ) - www.ossceolofofo.com

Sister Mary....

WARNING: 18+ ONLY

Episode 19 .:
"Mary dear, don't listen to him. He has to pay for
what he did to you" the young lady with her broke
in, messing up my pleas.
"send him back to his cell, will you" the officer quickly barked at the corporal who stared at us
with confusion before dragging me out of the
office.
I sat inside my cell, hopeless and extremely
uncomfortable. I couldn't breathe properly in the
stinking cell nor even think clearly. "what do i do know?, how did i get myself into
this mess?" I wondered miserably. I thought of
my job, thought of Chioma, thought about my life
and the embarrassment awaiting me if Mary was
to take the matter to court.
Tears fell from my eyes. I prayed for a miracle. I prayed for forgiveness. I just didn't know what
else to do.
Few hours later, i was dragged out of the cell and
taken to the back of the police station where the
officer handling my case was waiting for me. A
stick of cigarette in his mouth. "so are you now ready to cooperate?" he asked,
studying me.
"i don't understand sir. Is there a way you can
help me?" i asked meekly.
"your case is a very interesting one. The evidence
against you is pretty tight. Even a blind judge will convict you with it in few days. I hope you know
it's a murder case. Abortion is illegal in Nigeria"
he summarized, sending my blood pressure very
high with his words.
"I need help sir. Just make this case go away. I
can't start fighting a legal battle or anything. I just want everything to go away" i pleaded
anxiously. He smiled with deep excitement. He
finally had me where he wanted.
"tough man. You arn't acting tough anymore. I
see" he nodded.
"do you know why i brought you here?" he asked. I shook my head.
"because i want to help you. Anything we discuss
here is unofficial. So can you provide a million
Naira?" he asked quietly. I couldn't believe my
ears.
"one million Naira?, where on earth can i get such money?" i asked with disbelief.
"i don't know. You have all day to think about it
in your cell" he replied and walked away.
"where and how do i raise such money?" i
wondered as i was led back to the cell. For
unknown reasons, the officer instead of leading me through the back door, led me through the
front where we had to pass through the reception
desk, but i really paid no notice because i was
busy thinking over my predicament. I only had
four hundred and twenty five thousand naira in
my bank account. "you devil, did you actually do it? Gosh you are so
disgusting" i suddenly heard Chioma's voice
scream {as i was led through the reception}.
Looking up, i saw the visibly shaken girl with
Jboy who tried so hard to compose himself.
I felt very bad. The little trust the poor girl had for me was gone.
As chioma ran out of the station, i threw a look
at the officer who was leading me to the cell and
pleaded to him.
"please i need just few minutes to talk to my friend" i begged. He hesitated a bit before
shrugging in acceptance. Jboy quickly drew close,
greeted the young policeman and faced me. His
face coloured with emotion as he stared all over
me.
"dear me!. Chioma told me of your detention early this morning. C'mon just look at you?" he cried
with deep feelings.
"please try and calm chioma down for me. Tell her
anything, fabricate any story. Just do your magic
for me" i begged nervously.
"chioma isn't a problem. Of course i'll talk to her. But my major concern is getting you out of here.
What do we do?" he asked seriously.
"you also have to talk to Mary. I can't believe
she went this far just to punish me. We could
have settled things without involving the police. I
just don't know. But please find her." i begged. All my hopes were now on Jboy.He was the only
person capable of helping me out.
"Chioma brought food for you. Let me get it" he
murmured with concern.
"damn! you are wasting time. I don't need food.
Just go find Mary, i don't want to spend another night here" i shouted, surprising him with my
outburst. He shrugged and drew back.
"very well then. I better be on my way" he said
with a quick smile.
"chioma is with my phone. Get it from her. I
stored Mary's number with "MARY CHURCH" i added as he quickly left to perform the duty i
sent him to do.
____
I sat in my cell, anxious and prayerful. I couldn't
wait to leave the God forsaken place. All my
hopes were on Jboy's capabilities. I trusted him with all my heart.
Each time an officer came forward to open the
cell, I would stand hopefully, thinking he came for
me. But Slowly night crept in, shattering my
hopes. I was left with no doubt that i would
spend another night in the miserable cell. The revelation left me scared, alarmed and fearful. I
thought over many things, I was very hungry.
Mosquitoes were everywhere attacking my poor
weak body. The smelling cell and weak noises
from my cellmates couldn't allow me think
properly. Tears fell from my eyes as I remembered my job. I feared i could lose it if Mary's issue
wasn't resolved fast. I thought over the senior
officer's demand. One fucking million Naira.
"were do i get such money?" i wondered. I truly
had a lot at stake.
Early the next morning, I was given the same special treatment as of the previous day. I was
offered a cold bath and a new underwear.
Minutes later, i was taken to an empty room,
close to the reception {office}. Jboy was there
waiting for me. I heaved a high of relief and
quickly sat next to him. "it was hard negotiating with Mary. The witch
was bent on making you hang because she felt
she lost you when she lost the baby. I tried my
best, even offered her big money but she refused"
he said quietly, dashing my hopes.
"but there is only one solution" he slowly added, stopping as if he was afraid to continue.
"damn you, spit it out" i urged nervously.
"MARRIAGE. I guess she will melt if you propose
or give her a good marriage assurance. She
want's you or nothing.
MARRIAGE my dear friend. MARRIAGE" he slowly announced, while i choked.

>> Episode 20 LOADING
HEROES TEAM FUN ZONE
08163827383
www.ossceolofofo.com

No comments

We love to hear from you!

Sign in to comment "anonymously" without entering
verification text.

Want to be notified when I reply your comment? Tick the
"Notify Me" box.

THANKS.